1. Unique one-of-a-kind items
2. Products created using natural ingredients
3. Like supporting small business owners.
4. Better customer service than a large company that only offers automated service.
5. Meeting the artisan/crafter that created the product.
6. High quality & excellent craftsmanship of the item/product
7. Made with love and pride in the product
8. Helps small entrepreneurs live their dream
9. Shopping local farmers markets, craft malls, etc. helps build the economy in your area
10. Skill & craftsmanship put into the product/item.
I’m sure you can think of many other reasons for buying handmade/handcrafted. Please feel free to share those reasons with us. Personally, I support small business for the simple fact that our country started out with businesses such as these and I like handcrafted products. I have met many interesting people buying or shopping handcrafted and I've found some fantastic products. The customer service is tops!
Many artisans depend upon your patronage to keep their businesses afloat. Some crafters run a business to supplement their other income, as a hobby, or as a full-time job. If you are looking for quality, one-of-a-kind products remember to shop for handmade/handcrafted products. There are many websites that offer products that are fully created and crafted by a real live person. You may find handcrafted items on sites such as Etsy and Artfire to name a couple of places. There are many other places to buy handcrafted, including individual business websites. If you look around you may find some places that support handcrafted such as Indie Public, Handmade Highway, Snowberry Creek, and many other blogs. Look around….you may be pleasantly surprised by the quality of products out there. We have many talented e-tailers in our sample box….be sure to check them out while you’re out browsing around.