Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"E-tailer Spotlight" - A Woman With Scents









This spotlight features Carol of "A Woman With Scents". I love the name of her website. Carol is active on many forums and has been featured as Indie of the Week on Wickedly Chic. Carol offers handcrafted cold process soaps, as well as candles. Carol has a shop on the indie site "Etsy" www.awomanwithscents.etsy.com Check out Carol's many scents!

For the drawing Carol is offering a "3 soap fall sampler pack". If any of you haven't tried Carol's soaps - I can tell you they are wonderful! She sent me one (some time ago) - it was fabulous! Great swirls, lathered good, scented just right! The person who wins "3" of her soaps will indeed be lucky! We will draw next Wednesday, Oct. 15! To be entered - go to Carol's Etsy Store A Woman With Scents or her website www.awomanwithscents.com; look over her products; come back here and post your comments. You will be entered into the drawing. Good luck ladies! Thanks for your support of our e-tailers!


Tell me a little about yourself and/or your business. I've been happily married for 21 years, and have a nearly grown son. At the time I started my business, I was working around 50 hours a week outside the home and wanted to be more available for my son, who was into all types of sports.

How or why did you start your business? I figured if I had to work hard for the rest of my life, I'd rather be making the money for myself rather than someone else. Also, it was kind of a dare. I had too many people tell me it couldn't be done, so I set out to prove them wrong.

What kind of products do you carry or make? Pillar candles, votive candles, container candles, scent tarts, and soap. I also crochet some bath accessories like body poofs, soap savers, and bath mitts.

Do you carry handmade products? Do you make them yourself? Yes, everything I carry is something handmade by me.

What’s your favorite product to make or create? Pillar candles and soap probably allow for the most creativity, but I have fun making it all!

Do you have a storefront, sell strictly on-line or both? No storefront, but I do have local wholesale and retail clients, in addition to selling online.

Website and email address. http://awomanwithscents.com, sales@awomanwithscents.com

Do you have more than one website? Yes, I also sell on Etsy (awomanwithscents.etsy.com), and hang out on myspace and iEmporium. I try to keep everything cohesive between the sites I use, but use them all to create a larger web presence. I also have a blog at awomanwithscents.blogspot.com, but I'm not very disciplined with my blogging.

Do you work at another job? Yes, my family owns a steak house. When I'm not cooking up candles and soap, you can find me there...cooking steaks!

What or who inspires you? Mostly, my family. They've always been hugely supportive.

Do you have a favorite quote or saying? Curiosity is the wick in the candle of learning.

What advice would you offer to someone starting their own business? Never give up...never surrender!

15 comments:

Jus Shar Designs said...

These soap names sound yummy enough to eat. I would be thrilled to receive such a gift!

Snowberry Creek said...

Carol's soaps do smell great with good lather! We would be thrilled to receive it too, but we are not eligible.:(

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment for Carol.

LisaLisa said...

Great Post!!! I agree with jus shar the soap names do sound very yummy lol lol. So I' m late in stopping by...but I made it.lol

Snowberry Creek said...

Hi lisalisa, you are not too late. lol The drawing will be Wed. Thanks for stopping by and showing support for Carol. She does have some wonderful soaps!

Anonymous said...

I looked at both sites and the soaps are gorgeous. I added the Madagascar Vanilla Rustic Soap as a favorite on etsy. The soy candle scents are very appealing as well and the dual color of the pillar candle colors are really nice. I can only imagine how amazing the sample set will be.

Unknown said...

Hmmmm...I'm curious to try the Erotica scented soap and Jasmine Patchouli sounds interesting too. Can't go wrong with a well scented soy candle either! I'd love to win the drawing!

The Muse said...

I had to pop in and tell everyone that the Muse is a client and I do ever so love my soaps !! :)

Anonymous said...

Carol's candles are really great - which reminds me that I need to order some.

pretty in pink said...

I love, love, LOVE tarts!! I mean, seriously love tarts! I love soap and lotions and sugar scrubs, but I make my own, so it's really hard to get real excited about winning these, but tarts?!? Cotton candy, creme de la creme,and pumpkin pie spice sound delish!

Deb said...

Your soaps look lovely and the scents sound really nice. Hope I win a sample box!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Just went over to the etsy site. I love that she has a pomegranate scent! I marked several as a favorite and I will definitely be keeping an eye on her store. Everything sounds so delicious!

Anonymous said...

nice pics indeed

Snowberry Creek said...

Thanks for all of the support you have shown for Carol. We appreciate your comments,thoughtfulness and for taking the time out of your busy day to visit us.

Carol's soaps are gorgeous with yummy sounding names! She has great candles, too. Those of you who have already done business with Carol know that A Woman With Scents has a wonderful all-around site! Glad some of you bookmarked her for shopping later.

Thanks for reading the "e-tailer spotlight"!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda, I' would like to know more about your Candles, do you have wholesale prices?.
Also I' like your Blog and I follow, welcome to follow mine here.
http://astore.amazon.com/TrueMe-20
http://Groovybabyblog.blogspot.com
Thanks - Angela

文章 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.